The (Parenthetical) accepts quarterly submissions from Writopia writers ages 6 to 11. The submission period for inclusion in the Winter 2018 issue runs from February 6th, 2018 to March 12th, 2o18. We look forward to reading your submitted work!
Here’s how to submit:
- MAKE SURE YOUR PIECES ARE THE BEST THEY CAN BE:
– REVISE! Please be sure to check with your instructor to make sure your pieces are polished and submission ready.
- SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:
– you may submit up to two pieces (only one may be long-form)
– maximum of one long-form piece (no longer than 10 pages or 5,000 words; you may submit one chapter of a novel as long as the novel is complete and the chapter is polished)
– maximum of one additional short-form piece (no longer than one page or 500 words)
– we do accept collaborative work from up to three writers per piece; each writer that is a part of the collaboration must submit the piece through their own submission form
– we do not accept excerpts other than single chapters of completed novels
- ASK YOUR INSTRUCTOR TO COMPLETE OUR ONLINE SUBMISSION FORM
– must be completed with your instructor while in workshop or a private session
Older Writopians, please submit to The Ellipsis…